Sunday, April 17, 2011

Car Free(dom)

We went the entire weekend without driving the car.  That's big for me.  Not a single trip in the car.  While I have tired legs, life is pretty amazing right now.  I managed about 36 miles on my dear Kona Lisa.  (With Lily on the back, I might add.)

We've modified the child seat to attach to my back deck and it works great.  Lil is much more comfortable.  We're getting more looks and comments about the bikes these days.  People are noticing us.  I like that.  We are visible and can promote cycling lifestyles.

I'll be back to driving tomorrow, but just to and from work.  Still haven't figured out how to get all the kids to Westminster by bike.  That will come with time.  Until then, I'll look forward to my car free weekends and the freedom of my bike.  :)

1 comment: